[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[November 3, 2008]


Tonight I finished mounting up the camlocks. The front ones were real bears because of the curvature of the cowl. I needed to make a slight 5/8" hole around the hole the grommet goes into so the camlock would lay flush against the cowl. It turned out looking pretty good.


Here is a closeup. The cowl is really on firmly with these things in.


The right front side of the cowl didn't line up all that nicely. Because I would like to install the rings in the front, I wanted to build up the top of the cowl to match the bottom cowl. I put some wax paper between the cowl halves hoping that would keep the epoxy from sticking the two cowl halves together.


I mixed up a THICK mixture of microballoons and spread it. I will sand her down tomorrow and see what I have.


One thing that has been bothering me is the latches on the canopy frame have been dragging on the holes in the fuselage they pass through when closed. I used some files and opened up the holes. I think I have it down now. If not, I will get it later when she is flying. Its pretty good as it is, but who knows how stuff will move around later.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017