[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[April 30, 2008]


Well, my frustrations from last night were quickly overcome today. I got all the bends just right and drilled them to the forward channel of the canopy frame.


Instead of leveling the frame out as the instructions stated, I did one better - put the frame back on the fuselage and clamped it into place. After all, this is where it will be in the end. Anyways. I jumped inside the fuselage and backdrilled the C-702 skin.


Next I made these 6 little clasps that get installed on the outer two braces. Wow, I seemed to of spent a good amount of time on all of this, but there isn't much to show. This is the end of April, and I put in about 60 hours. Not too shabby! My goal was to be done with the canopy by the end of the month, and I just about got there. I don't have much to do except deburr and rivet the canopy frame and some other small work - maybe 10-20 hours worth of work. My main goal now is to hang the engine by the end of June, which I think is totally obtainable.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017