[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[May 6, 2008]


Wow, long time away from the project. Not good! But I did have fun over the weekend. Too bad too many brain cells were sacrificed and I don't remember any of the fun! My expected firewall forward shipment arrived at my office today. For $1800 bucks, it doesn't seem like a whole lot. It took me a good 2 hours to inventory everything. What you don't see is the box with the baffles in them.


With the 6 clasps I fabbed up the other day, I drilled them to the side braces. These will eventually get installed on the inside of the canopy brace, but they have to be drilled from the outside.


This wasn't mentioned in the manual, but it makes sense to start on the canopy struts before I move forward with riveting the top skin. Two screws hold these C-725's to the canopy frame and the canopy skin. The skin gets dimpled (#10 screw I believe) and the canopy frame gets countersunk. If I didn't study the plans like I did, I would of totally missed that.


I was going to be lazy and make these C-725 blocks at work tomorrow on the bandsaw, but my hacksaw skills were feeling tuned tonight. In no time I carved out a pair. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish up with the madness of these blocks and get busy finishing up deburring the canopy frame parts to be painted and fully assembled.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: November 26, 2017