[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[April 29, 2008]


Using the modified edge roller I made a few days ago, I curled the 9 large holes on the brace kit. I was using the tool in my hand for a bunch of them, and then I got the bright idea to clamp it to the bench. Man, did that ever make a difference. Frustration level went down and quality went up.


This is the end product - the large holes are curled about 20 degrees towards the skin.


Next it says to level out the canopy frame and drill everything together. Well, I think the best thing to do is drill the aft end of the braces (the end that gets drilled to the skin) when the frame is on the fuse. It would be frustrating as hell to drill the forward end on the fuse too, so I drilled that in place for the center piece here.


I bent the flanges on the side parts to get it to match up with the contour of the WD-716 and the skin. I got a little frustrated with the fit and decided to call it a night here. I was splitting some firewood after I got home from work and am more tired than usual tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a fresh perspective on all of this.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017