[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[September 15, 2009]


I was very happy with how the patch came out on the back of the panel tonight. It is solidly attached and should provide a great surface for some flox to stick to.


Here is the front side. Looks awesome.


Once again I made a small dam out of some clay and filled the hole with a flox/epoxy slurry. Since learning how brittle Rage Gold is, I decided flox is much better for this large fill application. Rage will be find if I need to get it better once I have sanded the flox down, but it is too brittle to fill in a large space. I would be concerned it would crack over time in the vibrational environment in an airplane.


One last thing I did tonight was melt two #4 stainless steel nuts into the back of the latching mechanism that goes on the inside of the map box door. Since there will be flush head screws on the outside of the map box door, they needed to screw into something on this latch, and it needed to be flush. Melting the screws in seems to be a great solution. They are solidly in there. Before I melted the screws in, this side of the latch had two countersunk holes for flush head screws.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: November 11, 2017