[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[July 30, 2010]


Tonights goal was to pre-oil the engine and get the mag/emag timed. To do so, I needed to take care of a few items in the oil system. First I torqued down the oil filter and safety wired it.


Next I pulled the plug on the sump and drained the preservative oil.


I installed a quick drain valve for future oil changes. It is a tape fit so it isn't meant to fully seat against the sump. I couldn't find the torque this was supposed to have, so I left it for now.


I also safety wired the oil filler tube. Fun this was not.


Time to pre-oilk this puppy. I installed a NPT-to-1/4" hose fitting on the front of the oiler rail.


I filled my pre-oiler with 2Q of AeroShell 80 Mineral. This grade seemed just right for my operating temperatures.


I clamped a piece of wood to my portable table to hold the pre-oiler up. This is how it will look once presurized.


I turned it over and pressurized it with I think 40-50 PSI of air.


Once I unleashed the oil into the engine, it didn't take too long for some oil to come out of the manifold where the oil pressure sensor is. Once I saw oil here, I plugged it off.


This was a major pain in the ass. Once the air ran out, I would need to swap fittings, re-pressurize, swap fittings again and then run oil through. I should of put an air fitting on the top, and then all would of been much better. I made a mess and a half with some spilled oil.


This was good! Oil pressure of 16psi was showing on the EFIS. That means oil pressure sensor works!


Next I filled the sump with 2Q of aeroshell mineral and rotated the prop a few times. I then timed the mag. The EMAG was a piece of cake to time. Blow twice, done. Can't beat it. Wish I would of done EMAG/PMAG now.


Finally I torqued and safety wired the brake caliper bolts. This is something my Tech Counselor pointed out. Great night....onto the fuel system!

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017