[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[July 13, 2010]


I got a little chance tonight to work on filling the pinholes in the top cowl. My method of brushing on the heavy filling primer didn't work out so well. It filled pinholes better than anything else I have tried, but it still wasn't working all that great. I came up with the idea tonight to mix in microbaloons with the heavy primer, in a cup, and then paint on this combination. My thought was the micro would fill the pinholes better, the heavy primer would cure quickly, and it would all be easy to sand off. After a little trial of my new method, it seemed to work great! In about 20 minutes I had nearly all pinholes filled. Unfortunately, the humidity was around 80% so any attempt to sand things off was met with frustration and clogging of the sandpaper. But things looked really really good. It was too humid out to try to do any other minor filling, but this top cowl should be finished off in no time! Very motivating night!
[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: November 11, 2017