[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[February 2, 2009]


With the electrical system finalized, I have a ton of goodies showing up in the mail. In the past two days I have placed orders from probably 10 different vendors. Nothing like stimulating the economy! Here is the Dymo RhinoPro 5000 label printer. The cool thing about this printer is it had 1/4" diameter heatshrink tubes you can print on to label wires. I picked this up at a pretty decent price on Ebay.


Another ebay deal was this Daniels DMC AFM8 M22520/2-01 crimper. I need this sucker to crimp the high density pins for the Garmin 430. Stein wants $325 for it. I found one on Ebay for $100 (best offer), and its brand spankin' new.


Over the last couple of days I have been starring at the plenum. Not that it's that intimidating, but its been too cold in the garage to be there longer than it takes to stare at the next task. I needed to trim the plenum sides to clear the #1 and #2 cylinders. Definitely iterative.


I also took the flange off the right front side. It kept on interfering. What I am going to do is just tape up the engine and lay some glass that contours the engine perfectly. I need to make a bumpout for the oil line, so there is some glass work to be done, but I don't think it will be that bad (famous last words).


I was having a hell of a time getting some decent clearance between the top of the plenum and the top of the cowl. Turns out I didn't have the aft of the plenum low enough.


Since I am going the plenum route, it rides lower on the baffles than the reinforcement angle sits. The plenum will act to reinforce this anyways. Gone!

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017