[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[December 1, 2008]


I needed to make some baffles that would go over the inlet adapter. The inboard and outboard sides were taken care of by the stock baffles. This would be the only "new" piece added that rubbed against the cowl. Ironically, this piece came from the trimming of another baffle. I really don't recall which once since so much has been trimmed!


After the iterative trimming process, this new piece was all trimmed up.


The top inboard corner is still a little loose for my likings. I added some 063 angle to the top of it and that stiffened up the weak topside, but it still needed some help. The easiest thing to do would be put a 3/4" adel clamp on one of the pushrod tubes and connect it to the upper inboard corner. However, I don't know of any "no no's" that might be for attaching something to the pushrods. To be honest, I don't think it's that big of a deal. However, I did post a question to the forums to see what other people thought.


While waiting on the pushrod tube verdict, I started on the left side intake. Since the #2 cylinder is further aft than the #1 cylinder, the lower baffle "ramp" has less of a sever angle. This side should be a piece of cake with the other side done. Another great night in the shop! Hopefully I can keep this momentum up.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017