[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[December 20, 2008]


For whatever reason, running the short lengths of tubing for the cowl pins got me in the mood to do more tubing on the project. Tonight I put the brake lines from the An bulkhead fittings to the brake calipers. The left side was a piece of cake.


I put some 1/4" ID vinyl tubing around where the cowling is because of two reasons. One is this tubing comes close to where the camlock backing strip is, and more importantly, I have heard of some cowls rubbing through the brake line. I thought if the tubing was there, there would be less of a chance of this occuring.


And the service loop at the bottom. Pretty easy run.


The right side was a little more work. When I was at KDMW a few weeks ago, I took a close look at Mike Rollison's (http://home.comcast.net/~rvator/) RV-6 and liked how he used adel clamps to secure the right side brake line. I needed to be careful with the route of the tube to avoid any interference with the heater box and also the throttle control cable.


Here is another perspective. I used three pairs of adel clamps.


Here is the transition to the gear leg on the right side. The rest of this side is a duplication of the left side. I am really happy with the route I took for the tubing. I really hope it doesn't interfere with anything else down the road!

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017