[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[October 25, 2008]


I had to work all day today (yeah, and I NEVER work Saturdays!) so I didn't get much done on the project at all. When I got home late I carefully yanked the cowl off of the airframe. It came off pretty easy. Here is what I had left.


I removed the extra fiberglass from the cowl to get this shape. It really turned out nicely. I think I am going to do one layup on the inside for more strength later.


Here is the mixture arm full forward. I think I have 1/8" or so of clearance (it's hard to measure down there). I think I am in the clear. No matter how I moved the cowl around, it didn't rub.


In idle cut-off there were no issues at all. Plenty of room.


One of my main concerns was how much room the filtered air box (FAB) had in the cowl. Before continuing down a road of destruction and wrong turns, I got the FAB out and placed it in the cowl. I was pleasantly surprise it fit with a decent amount of free space. One less thing to keep me up at night.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017