[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[August 13, 2008]


Today at work I made a 2" wide piece of 050 for the camlocks I am going to use on the bottom of the cowl. I backdrilled it to the bottom of the firewall.


I was concerned about some spacing I had in the front of the cowl. I sanded it pretty much perfectly.


Here is a closeup. Before I had a big space in the middle.


I marked the bottom again and trimmed it again. It still needs some work. It seems every time I move the bottom cowl a little, it throws everything out of whack. I have had enough for a night...need to continue this madness another time. So far the cowl has been the most frustrating part of the build for me. I don't know if the standard cowl would of been any better, but the James cowl is a lot of work. I might be too anal in trying to get everything just right. Who knows, I just want this crap to be done with. Hopefully by this weekend all the difficult cowl work will be done with and I can move onto something new.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017