[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[July 19, 2007]


I got a much needed shipment of parts from Van's today. However, it came with everything I ordered except the lower longeron angle! Supposedly that will be delivered on Monday. It's like Van's know what I need the most and take their sweet ass time getting it to me. Anyways, I have enough to do to keep me busy until that comes. In the box of goodies was the Andair fuel selector valve. I decided to go with this valve over the Van's stock valve because this has a positive locking mechanism that needs to be actuated to get the fuel selector valve from and to the off position. Plus is it way nicer looking in appearance that the cheesy Van's valve. For $200, it was a nice investment.


Another shot of the masterpiece.


Anyways, back to the brakes. Last night I was having issues getting everything aligned up. Well, turns out I had the pedals in the wrong order. I moved the right pedal to the forward position and everything lined up.


To keep the pedals in the neutral position, I clamped a piece of 1" angle to them.


Next I clamped a steel rule across the top of the pedals to keep them in the same position.


Then I used a stubby #12 bit from the angle drill kit to scratch a line into the brake pedal.


Here is the finished product. I then found the center of the mark and drilled a #12 hole there. Once that was done, I sanded out the scratch. I stole this idea from Jaime Painters builders log.


Everything reassembled. Looks good.


Next was the fun task of putting the #10 holes into the pedal plastic blocks. Drilling plastic SUCKS.


I got a new left side stiffener and installed that tonight.


I also made a new F-684 corner brace out of my new pieces.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017