[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[January 17, 2006]


Wow...8 days since I last worked on the rudder. It hasn't seemed that long. Tonight I deburred the edges of the rudder skins. The outside edge gas a pretty nasty burr on it. I found that the multi deburring tool worked best, followed by emery cloth and then the scotch brite pad.

I also noticed that on the right rudder skin some of the holes I drilled for the R-918 strip (used to attach the bottom fiberglass tip) were enlarged. This happened because I didn't have everything clamped down a lot when I was drilling the strip and the drill followed the hole on the rib (a lot thicker aluminum than the skin) and enlarged it slightly by less than 1/64". I marked these holes with a sharpie and will enlarge them to a #30 and use the OOPS rivets for these few holes.
[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017