[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[March 16, 2006]


Tonight I started out by finishing the elevator portion of the trim tab hinge. Cut the tip end off and rounded out the root end of the hinge. I clecoed it back onto the elevator and then put the trim tab back on for a final test fit. Damn if I didnt get a twist somehow in it. The root TE is about 1/16" higher than the tip TE, with a ruler along the elevator TE. For some reason, me and the trim tab just do not get along. I posted a message on VAF about this, and will probably call up Vans tomorrow morning to see what they have to say. Since the descrepency is at the root, I cannot see it causing that much extra drag to cause the plane to want to pull to one side. We will see. For some reason, someone doesnt want me to finish this damn trim tab!!!!

This is the tip end of the elevator portion of the trim hinge. The end needs to be chopped off.


Next was triming the root end of the hinge. The top part of the hinge I contoured to the elevator skin/spar/rib. However, I made the actually curly hinge part perpendicular.


And here in all of its glory is the trailing edge twist. About 4/32" at the right side of the picture.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017