[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[February 27, 2011]


Long day today working on finishing up the wheelpants. The weather was just perfect to go flying. I got to the airport early in hopes of being able to get some time in the air. First I installed the cotter pins in the wheel nuts.


I torqued and safety wired up the brake calipers.


This was the most time consuming part of the day. Determining how many screws to use to hold the wheelpants together, and where they should be located. I started with using on 5 screws. Installing the nutplates took a very long time.


I pumped the tires up a little and slapped on the wheelpants. 5:20pm. The winds were still light and there was about 40 minutes of daylight left. I quickly taxi over to the fuel dock and gassed up. I sped down to the end of the runway just to wait 5 minutes for the oil temp to get to 100 degrees. I launched into the air for some closed pattern work. The wheelpants flew straight - I didn't notice any yawing or roll effects from the pants. However, it is tough to tell in the pattern. I did 3 landings and none of them were spectacular. For some reason I was bouncing nearly all of them. I had the tire pressure pumped up to 45psi, so maybe that's too high. Also, maybe I'm a bit out of practice. Gotta fly this beast more often!

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017