[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[March 16, 2009]


Wow....the last couple of days have been totally busy. I have only had a little to work on the project for the past few nights, so this entry covers probably 3-4 nights worth of work. I wanted to mount the panel to start wiring. Some people paint the panel first, but I see a lot of scratches happening if you paint first then wire. So, to mount the switches I needed to make some backing plates out of 063 that have holes above and below the switches for the anti-rotation clips on the switches to latch into. Basically, this is so the switches can't turn freely in the holes. These took a while to make.


OK, fast forward a couple of days. I have all my buses wired up somewhat (except for the avionics bus -- I ran out of 14 AWG wire).


I am using some strands of CAT5 to temporarily secure the wiring bundles. It is a pain to run new cables as I have to retie everything, but it keeps the bundles neat.


Here is another shot. I am randomly taking pictures to show my routing of the wire bundles.



I got a lot of switches wired up here -- E-Bus (almost...ran out of wire), master switch, aux battery switch and the alternator circuit breaker. I flicked on the master switch and heard a THUNK from the firewall. Awe yeah....looks like everything is wired up right - the master relay actuated.


I was pretty beat, but I really wanted to fire up something. So I slammed in my EFIS and wired it up. Boohyah! It doesn't have the magnetometer connected to it, so it is somewhat limited to what it will show, but it did fire up. Wow....what a night.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017