[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[August 19, 2010]


Today I had the FBO at KDMW do a pitot/static leak test along with checking my transponder and altimeters. Additionally they checked out my airspeed indicator. The first thing they found wrong was a leak on my pitot line. After some troubleshooting, the leak was on the fitting to the analog airspeed indicator. They tested out my airspeed at 100 kts and the GRT reported it to be 100.5 kts.


At 150 kts, and GRT EFIS reported 151.5 kts


And at 55 kts, the GRT reported 56.5 kts. I couldn't for the life of me find any way to correct this minor inaccuracy.


It was strange seeing other people do work to my airplane. Everyone at the FBO's maintenance facility was drawn to the RV. Some people sat in it, and I got a lot of questions. The most popular question by far was "how long did this take to build". The tech said he has never seen a transponder installation output the maximum transponder output power when he checked out the transponder. He was also super impressed with the wiring job I did. Definitely a great confidence builder.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017