[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[August 9, 2010]


My Dad came out to the hangar tonight and helped me rivet on the last skin of the project -- the forward skin over the subpanel. I was not looking forward to this one at all. The access to buck the rivets was blocked by wires, map boxes, avionics and all other sort of goodies that made maneuvering a bucking bar a hassle. Plus, on top of that, I needed to be contorted to fit under the panel. In the end, it wasn't all that bad at all. I think it wasn't bad because I worked on Larry Falls' RV-8's panel a few months back. The RV-8 is definitely way worse to get under than the -7. Heck, I might even say I was comfortable under the panel!

After the skin was riveted on, we installed the canopy. It gave us a little fit getting into the nylon bushings, but in the end it went in. I forgot the gas struts at home, so I needed to be careful with lifting and lowering it.


She is looking really great. What a great day.


Back to work on the wingtips. I am really glad I attached the wingtips to the end of the wings after I glued in the ribs. Look at the gap I had here. If I didn't have it attached to the end of the wing, this gap would of been a dent in the bottom of the wingtip.


I made some strips of foam to fill the gap.


Then glassed it in some more by a flox mixture. Wingtip ribs DONE!

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: November 11, 2017