[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[June 7, 2010]


This entry comprises of two days of work. Last night I laid up some 3/4 oz cloth over the rivet lines.


Tonight I sanded the 3/4 oz cloth with 60 grit 3M sandpaper to take off some of the nasty edges left behind from laying the glass. Once that was done, I cleaned everything with an acetone rag and then applied a thin layer of Rage Gold to each line.


After a lot of sanding (using NAPA 100 grit automotive sandpaper with a sanding block), I had a pretty good finish. I had a few spots that were low or had some excessive pinholes, so I put some more filler on them. Hopefully soon I will be able to apply a top layer of primer to see how bad the pinhole situation really is.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017