[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[March 31, 2010]


Tonight was my first weeknight working on the project at the hangar. First up was wiring up the pitot heat. After some crimping of connectors I had the pitot heat controller wires up and the pitot tube got hot when I turned on the pitot heat. Another thing finished!


Next was rigging up the bellcrank with the aileron pushtubes. I torqued everything down and torque sealed it.


Next I hung the aileron.


And rigged it to the pushtubes. Its pretty unreal to be hooking all of this up for the last time.


I mounted the left flap too just to get it out of the way.


Next I needed to prep the right wing to be mounted. I drilled a 3/8" hole in the bottom right wing for the Grand Rapids outside air temperature (OAT) probe to be mounted.


I routed the wire through the rib with a rubber grommet.


Next I ran two runner strings down the conduit. One string goes 1/2 way down the wing for the autopilot and OAT sensor. The other string goes all the way down the wing for the landing lights nav lights.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: November 11, 2017