[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[February 15, 2010]


I popped off the plenum from the engine block where I made a seal for it the other day. Holy cow was it hard to get the plenum removed. I ended up making a custom tool out of a coat hangar to break the bead around the engine. This tool a solid hour of work to get off.


The bead looked pretty good. Not great, but better than nothing. I am thinking it is good to go as it is. I then spent some time cleaning off all of the residue left on the engine case.


Back to the empennage tips -- I riveted and added some stryofoam fillers to the horizontal stablizer tips.


Riveted and glassed the elevators too.


The right elevator's tip wasn't tight against the counterweight lead, so I put some epoxy/flox mixture in there and clamped it for overnight.


While all of that was drying, I slabbed on some Rage Gold onto the rudder. Since there aren't that many complex countours to deal with I am hoping this will be easy to sand and feather out.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017