[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[January 20, 2010]


At work today I bent the backing plate to the wingtips cutouts. I made this out of .032" sheet.


Next I trimmed the backing plate to fit the cutout of the wingtip. I put some blue tape on the visible sides of this so it wouldn't scratch. I would like to keep this as close to polished as possible.


I played around with how I am going to position the lights. I figure the more outboard light will be the taxi light since I can angle it in more. the inboard light will be the landing light. I want to think about this tonight before I commit to anything.


I have had the Doug Bell tailwheel arm for quite some time now, so I decided to install it. I busted the bearing on the tailwheel because I overtightened it originally. The replacement bearing I bought from ACS ended up not being the right one. So I am tailwheel-less for a while until I get the right one.


Next was the top hole on the left wingtip used to attach the lense chipped. So I taped it off in order to fill it with epoxy.


And here it is filled.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017