[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[December 25, 2009]


Its xmas day and I am working on the project. I am so motivated to get this thing to the airport I am pretty much using every free moment I have in the garage. It is a great feeling to be so near the end. I finished up the rollbar installation today. I installed these two #8 flush head screws today on each side. Since the rollbar is tapped for these to thread into, I used some medium strength locktite to make sure they stay in place. The plans reccomend a -10 length I believe, but I found the next smaller size worked much better. If you go with what the plans say the screw won't be able to go in all of the way.


Next I installed these 8 rivets on the top of the rollbar support. I was anticipating these to be difficult to install, but they ended up being very easy. The plans recommend the AN426AD4-7 rivet, but that was way short. My -8 supply was completely used up, so I ended up making -8's by shortening -9's. Somewhat time consuming, but better than waiting to order some of them for 8 stinking rivets.


I feel like a broken record today, but the plans were off on this callout too. These 4 universal head rivets needed to be -5's instead of -4's.


Next I needed to enlarge the pre-drilled hole in the eyeball passthroughs for the FAB bypass control. A #12 hole worked perfect for this cable.


Finally I put a "primer sealer" on the canopy fairing. I am confident to say that the fairing is FINISHED. Its not perfect, but its perfectly fine for first flight. I will get it perfect if I ever paint the airplane.
[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017