[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[December 18, 2009]


Well this week sucked royally. I had a final exam and a term paper due, neither of which I started until the last minute. So that ate up the past three nights. Good news is grad school is on break for the next three weeks and I should be able to kick some ass on the project.

With the canopy fitted I removed it and the rear window. I placed the rear window in the basement to warm up because I have to finish the front edge of it still and polish the edges.


I spent a ton of time masking off the canopy for all of the spraying I will have to do to it. This was a majority of tonights work.


I used some cheap masking tape to hold the protective plastic on the rear window. Since it has been on so long, when I removed it the other day it left a nasty residue. I read that using acetone and lacquer thinner are big no-no's on plexiglass. The recommended solvent is Kerosene. I was lucky enough that my local Ace Hardware dispensed Kerosene. I needed to buy this 1 gallon container because they wouldn't dispense it into anything "not approved". BS if you ask me because that's only protecting the idiot that doesn't know any better. All I needed was 0.1 gallons of the stuff.


I brought the primer and filler into the house to warm up. Its cold and snowing now, and I don't think either of these like to be mixed when they're cold.


Finally, I ordered one of these cutaway RV-7 drawings from TJ Tech Art. The drawings aren't cheap, but damn are they ever cool.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017