[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[May 26, 2009]


Tonight was a pretty good night, The bottom cowl is ready to be painted. I am just probably going to use a Rustoleum high temp gloss white spraycan paint. It was too humid tonight to do that, so I started working on sealing the top cowl. I finally got the mixtures down right so the epoxy spreads nicely. For every pump of epoxy, I used one heaping teaspoon of microbaloons, and cut it with about 30-40% acetone. One thing I read tonight is Acetone weakens the strength of the epoxy. It does this because when it evaporates, it leave some pores in the epoxy. Interesting. It doesn't really matter here because the epoxy isn't a top coat -- the spray can will be. But it was a nice tidbit I stumbled upon.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017