[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[April 29, 2009]


So I know my progress has been completely awful the last month or so. Well, this is why. Over the last couple of days I sailed this puppy down from Portland, CT (right below Hartford). She's a 1979 Columbia 8.7 (29') with an inboard 15 HP diesel engine. The trip down was totally awesome.


Before I left on my endeavor, local RV-9A builder Jim Buechler and his wife came over to check out my progress. I took the opportunity for them to snap a pic of me since it has been a while. Also, the BIG NEWS is I finally got a t-hangar at DMW. I have been on the list for about 3 years. I don't quite need it yet, but the other option was to go to the back of the list. Luckily I have a buddy with a RV-4 that would love to keep it at DMW. So it will all work out. Now that I know I have a home for the project, progress should pick up.


Tonights task was to finish up running the wire for the p-lead for the magneto. The magneto is wired to a switch so that when the magneto is grounded out, it will turn off. When the circuit is open, the mag is operational. This is done so if the p-lead broke mid flight the mag will still function. One issue I had was trying to find a place to clamp the p-lead to the engine before I ran the wire elsewhere for vibration concerns. so I made this bracket that will fit onto the two mag mounting studs. It has a 5/16" hole for the mag stud, and a #12 hole for a bold for the adel clamp.


Here is a shot of how it is run.


And another.


This is the wire route I took. The smaller two wires are for the oil pressure sensor.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017