[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[March 25, 2009]


Yesterday I had my EAA tech counselor come out and take a look at the project. He hasn't looked at it since I hung the engine, and I wanted another set of eyes on some of the choices I made with routing tubes and wiring. He didn't have any concerns and offered a lot of great advice. The best advice he offered was how to best finish the project. I told him I had issues getting motivated since there is just so much to work on. He recommended focusing on one part and finishing it -- such as the firewall forward, then anything in the aft fuse, then canopy, etc.. Great advice. Some of the best I have gotton for the project.

So today I decided to get the firewall forward finished off. One thing I wanted to get out of the way was mounting the EMAG. Since both of my Slick mags were impulse coupled, the studs that held the mag in were too long to mount the EMAG. I ordered up two 31C12 (5/16"-18 x 1.5") studs from Sacramento Sky Ranch to install in here.


Getting the long studs out was a total pain, That took all evening. They didn't want to budge. The double nut trick didn't do it. Adding heat didn't help. Vice grips didn't do it either. I ended up using a combination of the double nut and vice grips to get this off.


Here is the EMAG mounted. I am going to leave the left side the stock impulse Slick mag for now. I like having the redundant technology in place -- nothing is in common between my ignitions.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017