[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[February 17, 2009]


First off today I trimmed the flanges around the sides of the plenum. I found the shortest flange and used that as a benchmark for the rest of the plenum. I trimmed it up with a cutoff wheel in the dremel. Man does that kick up a bunch of dust. Nasty Nasty!


With the sides trimmed, I used my feeler gauge I made the other day to mark the drill line on the baffles. Worked absolutely great.


Next I drilled the top aft of the plenum to the baffles. This really stabilized everything to its final location. Next I drilled either side with 4 holes. I started with #40's so I can "walk" the hole if I am close to an edge.


Here are the alignment of the holes I used on the right side. Sam James recommends 3" spacing, so I tried to adhere to that as much as possible.


And the left side. I started about 1 1/4" from the aft of the baffle to give room to a normal nutplate's legs. I would rather not use one legged nutplates if I don't have to. That was enough work for the night. I need to think about how I am going to tackle the back and front sides tomorrow. These were the simplest holes to drill. Not that the others will be difficult, they will just be trickier with things like oil coolers in the way.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017