[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[October 20, 2008]


The clips I made before weren't strong enough. They ended up bending when I put them on. The old ones were made out of 032, so I made the new ones out of 040 and put less bends in them to transition to the angle of the canopy. I painted them flat block on the side facing inside.


Next I taped off the canopy 1" up from the base. I put a few layers of electrical tape on it as instructed.


Next I pop-riveted the clips onto the canopy. This thing is really solid now. Clecos couldn't hold the clips down all that well.


With the clips on, there wasn't anything stopping me from starting fiberglassing the front fairing. So I mixed up some epoxy (I think I needed 4 pumps to do the whole thing....I did it in two batches) with some black dye (epoxy dye from a boat store) and a LOT of flox. I wanted a VERY thick concoction so it wouldn't ooze down the side of the canopy frame. I made it black because some of it oozed under the canopy and I wanted it to be noticed as little as possible from the inside. I used a credit card and a popsicle stick to make the initial shape.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017