[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[June 5, 2008]


Tonight I had almost no time to work on the project. And just when I started to work on it, my office called me and I needed to drive into work at midnight to fix some stuff. What I did here is enlarge the hole on the U-403 bracket to 5/16". One of the holes was already 5/16, so I used that one to guide the drill bit to enlarge the other one. The hole in the landing gear was already 5/16", so this was the only one I needed to do.


Next I needed to squeeze the brake caliper bracket on the U-403. This didn't go on as easy as I would of liked it, and I ended up using a pair of clamps to help it along. However, once the bracket was on, a good amount of the powercoat was removed, so I needed to take off the caliper bracket, clean out the rubbed off power coat and reinstalled. Once it was reinstalled I used the touch up paint from Van's to cover up the steel bracket.


Here is a pic of how the brackets are supposed to fit together. I had a hell of a time trying to determine how they are supposed to go, as it isn't depicted that well in the drawings.


On one of the calipers I swapped the bleed valve and the input from the brake line fittings. Not mentioned in the instructions, but you need to do this so everything is oriented properly. No real need to do it now, but why not.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017