[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[December 26, 2007]


Wow...5 days off the project. Well, the holidays can be a time eater. Don't expect much progress in the future either. Through the end of January I have all kinds of stuff going on, unfortunately eating into precious RV'ing. Anyways, xmas time treated me well. Plane Power 60A alternator, Whelen tail/strobe light combo and a carbon monoxide (CO) detector. I have always been weary of running my propane heater in the garage. Now, I always leave a door cracked, but I don't know how well that really works. Anyways, I don't want to die, so this was on my wish list. Tonight, the most it registered was 10 ppm, with 30 ppm being somewhat dangerous (i.e., when the alarm will first sound). I feel much better with this device in the garage.


Anyways, moving on, I cut up these channels that get mounted on the top aft side of the subpanel.


The instructions for the subpanel are all over the place. It's like Van's got excited at the end of the fuse chapter and just put down whatever to finish it. I know I have written many essays in my life like that. They tell you to drill these channels to the center subpanel, but there is no more detail than that. I put in the ribs that go from the firewall to the panel to see if there was any angle I was shooting for. Sure enough, it ain't 90 degrees. Also, complicating the matter, there is a curve to the top of the center subpanel, so you can't easily tell what the top/down positioning is of these things. I am going to wait until the top skin is on to finalize the position.


Finally, I made the drilled the seal support to the top of the center subpanel. There is a curve here you gotta match, and there needs to be a 1/8" gap between the flange of the subpanel and the angle.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017