[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[July 30, 2007]


I have taken a lot of nice breaks from the project this month so far. In the summer time, everything else has priority over the RV. This weekend a friend of mine was in town, and I don't think she would of preferred to worked on the RV all weekend instead of gone out on the boat and grilled like crazy. Anyways, on Saturday I took the Citabria up for about an hour and ran into a RV-7A flyers. After my flight, I chatted with him for about an hour while helping him do compression tests. I think he saved me about $2,000 on the engine (vertical sump instead of horizontal), but he also talked me into $3,000 more of avionics. The jury is still out, but he had some good points - aka, how much money extra HP costs v.s. the speed gained.

Anyways, tonight I managed to get some more stuff done on the project. It was miserable to work in the garage tonight - hot and MUGGY. Gotta love the MD summertime! I started out by drilling the inboard floor stiffeners to the brackets off the F-704.


Next I drilled the forward side to the firewall angles.


Finally, I fluted the baggage ribs and installed them. I am just about done with what the instructions called for on the fuselage prep, but I have my own long laundry list of items to take care of. My goal is to have everything apart by the end of the week.....and assembly will start end of the following week!

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: November 11, 2017