[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[April 29, 2007]


I spent a few sessions today prepping and priming the bulkheads. In the morning I alumiprepped everything and let it sit out in the sun and dry. Then in the late afternoon after a bunch of yardwork, I wiped everything down with acetone. After a nice dinner, I then went to town priming. Everything went smooth until my spraygun went haywire about 3/4 of the way through the job. I tried cleaning it out with acetone, but that didn't fix it. I played around with it to get something acceptable out of it and I ended up with getting through the prime job with acceptable results, but I think it is time for a new gun. This one has been abused and not cleaned fully as it should of been after each job. This one is a HVLP which I don't think I need for this basic priming. So I am going to get a super el-cheapo harbor freight special before I prime again, but then again I might rebuild this one. I will see how lazy I feel in the next few days. It will be a while before I need to prime again.

Here are some bulkheads primed. Just as an FYI, I ended up using every drop of 16 oz of primer.


And even more stuff. I had about 20' of 1x8 board of more parts, but the pics of it always ended up blury, so you dont get to enjoy it.


As much as I would like to bang this thing out and get the aft fuselage coming together, I need to restrain myself from moving forward on the fuselage and get back to finishing up skinning the wings. I gave my dad a dehumidifier I had in my basement doing nothing, so I bought myself a lot of riveting time from him.
[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: November 11, 2017