[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[April 16, 2007]


Finally another full night to work on the firewall. I started out by finishing deburring and dimpling the firewall. Next I started riveting together everything. I was able to squeeze a bunch of the rivets on the bottom, left and right angles with the pneumatic squeezer with the longeron yoke. Next I put the backriveting bar on a scrap 2x6, and made some spacers out of 2x4's and plywood. I did this so I could keep the firewall the same level off the workbench while I backriveted. I backriveted all the other rivets I couldn't set with the squeezer. I noticed that all of the 1/8" rivets were short by a size. I moved up one size on all of them and am much happier with the results. I was able to get just about everything finished on the firewall except the bottom angle pieces and the brake doubler. It got too late keep the rivet gun going. This took a lot longer than I expected to. Usually backriveting is a breeze, but this took considerable time.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017