[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[March 31, 2007]


My hooker harnesses showed up today! These suckers are definitely heavy. But, if anything has to be heavy, I would much rather it being something safety oriented. I really like the rotary latching mechanism. If you ever become stuck in your RV and need to get out of your belts in a hurry, I don't think there is a quicker way.


Next I topcoated the long pushrods with Rustoleum's gloss white high performance enamel. I had heard that AKZO doesn't like topcoats if you let it sit too long, but here, about 18 hours after it got primed, the top coat looks like it is good. Now, this is a totally unnecessary step, and it only adds weight, but it looks really cool. Since the powder coat on the short pushrods was dinged up, I lightly sanded it, primed with GBP-988 and topcoated with the white enamel.


I had a balancing act of ailerons and flaps on the wings for a while, mainly because I didn't have a better place to store them. I made a shelf out of 1x10 (from the wing crates) that spans the length of the wing cradle. The distance between the top skins is about 1/2" more than the width of the aileron. Perfect storage solution.


Next I deblue'd, deburred and dimpled the bottoms skins. This took an amazingly long amount of time. Boring repetitive work. BUT, I am thinking that this is the last deburring/dimpling I need to do for the wings! Well, there is the flap brace, but that doesn't count because 98% of that is already done. I still need to wait for my Dynon heated pitot to show up so I can route all of that mess, but there isn't any reason I can't put the right wing's bottoms on.

On another note, with this being the end of March and all, I have put in a record amount of time this month - 89.3 hours, and that is with taking a vacation over a long weekend. If I keep up this pace, and the 2000 hour goal is reasonable for the project, I have 17 months left. That puts me in the air Fall of 2008.
[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017