[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[March 29, 2007]


I was a little concerned on how to get the rod ends back onto the rods with the holes aligned. When I put the ends in the first time, they definitely needed some work to push them into the rod. I figured that I would just use clecoes or an awl to help align everything perfectly. Before I put the ends on, I sprayed some GBP-988 primer inside the tube to cover up where I sanded the other primer off. Little did I know that the primer acted as a lubricant and made putting the ends on a piece of cake. Its rare in this project that you stumble across a freebie like this!


Next I alumiprepped the bottom wing skins. This is my drying rack. I am NOT going to alumiprep the pushrods because I am concerned about water getting inside the pushrods. I will spray AKZO on them after they have been roughed up with a scotchbrite pad and cleaned up with acetone.


Finally, I made a pushrod primer rack. This is the V-jig used for the flaps with a pair of 3" drywall screws. I weighted it down with a brick. Looks like a winner to me.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017