[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[February 24, 2007]


After about 5 days off the project, I found some time to work on the project today after finishing replacing the caliper on my truck. Next I cleaned the shop up, which took about an hour!

Finally, some new parts to play with. The aileron brackets come in a nice subkit all packaged together. It also has its own assembly instructions. I took off the vinyl first, to make sure that everything was in a very tight alighnment. The instructions on the ailerons make a statement about using max of 0.005" primer between mating parts, so tolerances are important here. Anyways, there was one thing I haven't seen documented on the other builders logs I frequent. There is a little interference with the longer angle and the top of the rear spar doublers -- all 4 brackets had this issue.


A little rounding action on the scotchbrite wheel fixed these up nicely.


Here is the warning about how much (or little) primer CAN be put on. I checked a couple of already primed parts on the wing and my application of AKZO is less than 0.001". I can't imagine someone caking primer on 0.005".


Finally I put in the wiring conduit on one wing. Not hard at all, but the 4 root ribs are a royal pain. (Update, on this wing I tried to pull the conduit through all 4 root ribs at the same time. On the left wing I did one rib at a time and it worked a lot better.) I was about to do the left side, but my throat started to feel rough again. No need to push myself after being down and out for a few days.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: November 11, 2017