[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[January 20, 2007]


I was expecting to work on the leading edges all day today, but Van's was too quick to get the proseal I needed to me. I ordered it Weds, got it Fri -- using USPS priority shipping for $13. I am convinced that USPS priority is the way to go to get stuff from Van's quickly and affordably. To top off getting my sealant, my invoice indicated a 99% discount on the $4 handing fee -- Only $0.04 handing fee!

So my dad voluneered to come over today to help with the project. Since I had the sealant and everything ready for the tank, I told my dad to wear old clothes and bring a respirator. Long story short, we blew through the tank. He helped clean the baffle with MEK. Then once the sealant was mixed he helped spread it. Then both of us jammed in the clecos to the skin-baffle joint. Then he buttered up the pop rivets while I installed them. Next he took out the clecos while I riveted the skin. Finally, we both cleaned up everything. Big thanks goes out to dad to help me out with this. Two people really make this rear baffle a non event.


I had an awesome looking bead on the inside where the baffle was installed.


All of the rivets on the skin sat perfectly. Not a single one proud. That made me wonder why a number of them sat proud on the right tank. I think I know why. When I match drilled the right tank skin to baffle, I took it apart before I countersunk it. So when I put the skin and baffle back together, the two parts must of been out of alignment ever so slightly. I can't see anything else that would of cause my issues with the right tank, because everything else was done exactly the same on both tanks. The proud rivets do bother me a little bit. I am shopping around for a rivet shaver at the right price to fix them. Of course, this can wait a long time, likely never to happen!
[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017