[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[January 11, 2007]


Man it has gotton cold out here recently. 5 days ago it was 70, today in the garage it was 37 before the heater was turned on. The next two days are supposed to be 50 , so that will work out nicely for finishing up these tanks.

Anyways, tonights agenda was to put the fittings and antirotation bracket onto the access panels. I use the bucking bar clamped to the table that I documented yesterday with great success....except for the first one that I did. Everything was slippery and the rivet gun fell off of the rivet and put two smiles into the panel. That was the only thing that went wrong tonight...not bad in my book.


Putthing these together in the right order took some foresight. I put some proseal on the elbow fitting where it mates with the panel and also buttered up the bracket. Then I slid the elbow into the bracket and put it onto the plate. Riveted the bracket on, then onto the washer and the nut for the elbow. Torqued everything down and buttered everything over with sealant.


Finally, I had enough sealant (started with 0.55 oz) to butter up the inboard capacitive sender terminals. I would of liked to have enough to of attached the wires to the vent pipe, but I will bang that out tomorrow. Today was definitely the nicest day to use sealant. Other than it being cold, there was no cleanup to speak of.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017