[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[January 7, 2007]


Today I worked around the house doing basic yardwork. One thing that I wanted to do was fill two holes, one of which was a stump that was below ground level. Long story short, I decided to remove the stump and then needed to backfill a much much larger hole. Timing on this project was perfect, because I now remember that there are two worse jobs that sealing tanks - wheelbarrowing dirt uphill and removing a big stump. Time work rest and then work on the tanks! Its like a vacation (NOT).

No pictures of today because it was exactly what I did yesterday. I didn't want to frost up the fittings on the left tank because I wanted the end ribs in to hold the tank exactly how it will be when it is done. I think this is supposed to make sure all of the sealant on the interior ribs sets up 100% correctly -- or I could be just too anal about this. Any other part of the plane I would of said screw it, but I DONT WANT ANY LEAKS....DUH!

Anyways, I sealed the fittings and holes and nose plates on the two left end ribs. Been there, done that, so it wasn't any big deal.

Next I looked a every stiffener and interior rib with a flashlight and mirror, where necessary, and marked with a sharpie where I could use a little more sealant. There were just a dozen or so small voids in each tank that I wanted to cover up for piece of mind. It was a piece of cake going through each tank and applying sealant where the sharpie marks were. Once that was done, I did another quick inspection to make sure I nailed all of them. I think I am in good shape.
[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017