[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[November 12, 2006]


I spent some of last night and today putting up the wing jig. I put the posts 114" and 18" apart from each other. I have interference problems from my garage, so I needed to be a little clever in how I put everything together. I also didn't want to use lag bolts into the middle of the garage floor, so I opted for construction adhesive. It worked way better then I could of hoped for. I finished out the night starting to fabricate the brackets the wing spars hang off of.

I used pressure treated 4x4's in the back because they were cheaper than non pressure treated. Wierd.


This is where my garage door should clear the jig. Believe it or not, the jog is solid as a rock in all directions. I had my doubts about glueing it down.


This is the contruction adhesive I used. I saw that Brad Oliver of rv7factory.com used the same stuff with success, so who was I to experiment on something unproven.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017