[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[December 26, 2005]


Tonight I primed all the VS ribs and spars as well as the rudder stiffeners. Priming tonight went way smoother than my last experience. What I did differently this time was instead of brushing on alodine, I dipped the smaller pieces into an alodine bath (33 parts alodine, 67 parts water, 4.5 liters total mix) in a rubbermade container. After 5 minutes, the parts had an awesome consistent glow. I washed them off them then put them on the chickenwire. After everything was done, I blew off each piece with compressed air to accelerate the drying process. Once that was done, I mixed up the AKZO primer and let it sit for 30 mins.

The HVLP gun worked WAY better tonight than previous attempts. I put a nice semi-transparent thin layer on everything. It dried pretty much instantaneously without any drips. When I did the HS, I put on way too much primer and it was on the thick side. I really got it down tonight. The parts are drying right now at work.
[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017