[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[February 27, 2006]


Tonight I mounted the right elevator to the HS. Before I could put the bolts in, I drilled the hinges out (I think its #12) on the HS. The next obstical was figuring out how to put the bolts through the hinges while the thing was mounted. I used a pair of needle nose pliers and ripped the crap out of my hand when the bolt fell out and it squeezed down on my finger. Next I tried some locking 6" forcept - these things worked like magic.

Once the elevator was mounted, I marked where the HS needed to be cut on the tips. I did a very conservative first cut. I just wanted to cut enough so that the elevator could swing freely. I will do another cut to the closer tolerances in the drawings later on.





[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017