[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[February 6, 2006]


At work I ordered up a new piano hings for the trim. $3 for the hinge, at least $4 for handling (thanks vans!!!!) and shipping. We will see how much this costs me in the end.

I managed to get into the shop for just a little bit tonight. The first thing I did was squeeze the rivets that hold the end ribs together. I was able to get the longeron yoke to fit around the ribs to squeeze all of these puppies. It definitetly wasn't pretty getting that yoke to work. I ended up needed to put in the bottom flush die while the yoke was around the ribs. And then I needed to adjust the squeeze depth while it was in this configuration. It was only a pain for the first rivet, after that I cruised through the other 7. I wasn't looking forward to breaking out the rivet gun to drive these with a bucking bar.

Next I devinyled the left and right elevators. I started deburring the edges but got tired of that quickly. I have a good month or more until the wings come, so I am not as pressed as I have been for the rest of the empennage to get it done quickly. Finally some relaxation time!

The two end ribs riveted together with the squeezers. Its tricky to get the squeezers in there and calibrated. It took 2 hands just to do that, so no pics of that feat.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017