[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[September 10, 2016]


While I was relatively convinced my CHT #2 issues were probe related, I took today I do some more investigative work. I did a quick test flight today just a little after Marine 1 (well not really Marine 1, the President wasn't on board). My friends who work in the FBO said all of the Marines were super impressed with the RV when I took off. Needless to say, I did do a little showboating...


Everything during the flight went well, but I decided to look closer at #2 cylinder. The injector for #2 had a little more crud on it than the other ones.


This is #1 as a comparison.


Since the cowling and plenum were off, I decided to take all of the injectors out. At first glance they all looked fine - no blockage at all. I decided to give them a MEK bath per Lycoming Service Instruction No 1275C (Cleanin Fuel Injector Nozzles.pdf. I did a compression test which was 80/80. The last thing I checked were the spark plugs. The upper automotive plugs I replace every annual. The lower plugs were of the massive electrode style for the Slick mag. The electrode was worn a little - it looked like a football, but it still looked fine. As I removed all of the plugs and did a resistive test, the plugs for 1,3,4 were all measuring roughly 1K, while the #2 plug was 900 ohm. Still above the 500 ohm minimum, but I swapped out all of the plugs anyways. After 450 hours, they don't owe me anything.


In celebration of not finding anything wrong, I treated myself to a boat of Sushi with some good friends and a libation or two!

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017