[<<Prev]
[Next>>]
[March 11, 2015]


Tonight I reinstalled the rear baffle with the oil shutter installed in front of the oil cooler. I had enough room to attach the adel clamp supporting the actuating cable on the back of the baffle, however, I needed to beef up the back baffle with a doubler I made out of some 063 to give it more support.


My air compressor is at home, but luckily I have access to my friend Peter's hanger (Peter is building an RV-8 - fully documented at http://www.papalimabravo.com).


I used a countersunk head #10 screw so it wouldn't interfere with the plenum seal.


And the final product. I went back and forth on whether or not I needed the adel clamp pointed out in the lower right. In the end I decided I wanted it, so the cable wouldn't be rubbing against the wires adjacent to it. Lastly tonight, I resealed the baffling to the engine. I think everything is ready to be tested. The oil shutter in this location has a much better movement with less binding in the cable than the previous location. The prior location required the cable to have a very sharp turn, which caused the oil cooler shutter to not fully close.

[<<Prev]
[Next>>]

http://RVplane.com

Last Modified: September 4, 2017